Thursday, September 2, 2010

Grayson's Daycare Days

So if you follow my on Twitter you probably have an idea of how Daycare is going for us.  I haven't had time to do this post until now so sorry for the delay.  Thank you for your patience and thinking of us during our transition to daycare. 
Our daycare is a great place in fact it is the only place I will put Grayson, however I still miss him so much when we are apart.  Last week on August 23rd, 2010 it was Grayson's 1st day at daycare.  He is in the dragonflies room and his teachers are Miss Melissa and Miss Traci.  We arrived a bit later than I anticipated but I had lunch plans so we went after lunch and he stayed until 4PM.  So how did I do?  Well I cried the entire time I was unpacking his things and I cried all the way to the office and for about an hour after that while I was pumping.  I did have a wonderful and supportive husband that joined me for the 1st day.  I think he wanted to make sure that I actually left and didn't just hang out all day at daycare.  Trust me I would have or I would have just went back and got him and went home.  When I went to go and get Grayson he looked worn out.  His eyes were red and I think he missed his mommy because when I went to put him in his seat he cried like I have never heard him before.  He didn't nap at all and as soon as I put him in his car seat he was out.  We got home I nursed him and he slept until 2AM.  Then he was up at 2AM, 4AM, and 6AM.  Boy was I worn out the next day.  Normally if Grayson stays home with me he takes a morning and an afternoon nap and then he will go to bed around 7 or 8PM and he will sleep through the night.  This is not the case on the days he goes to daycare.  So much for a routine...

Grayson's second day of daycare was on Thursday August, 26th 2010 he was only there for three hours as Chad picked him up around 3PM after arriving home from Canada.  Still no naps at daycare on that day and he was tired and slept again from 4PM until midnight and then he was up every two hours sleeping and eating.  It was a long night for me.  This week Grayson went to daycare on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Today.  He eats well, plays well, and doesn't cry too much (at least that is what they tell me), but again he will not nap.  On Tuesday he napped for 30 minutes the entire day, Wednesday 15 minutes, and today 30 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon.  Each time I go and pick him up they say he has a great day.  This does make me happy, but how is it a good day when he doesn't sleep?  Today when I picked him up I asked them if Grayson cries and his teacher said he fusses a bit, but then they move him to a different toy and he is content and happy.  I appreciate his teacher Miss Melissa for working with him on naps.  Next week we are going to try putting a wedge in his crib so he feels like someone is holding him and we are also going to put a white noise sound player next to his crib.  We really hope he will begin napping because getting three hours asleep each night is killing me this week.  Miss Melissa said that the other babies in his class are sleeping through the night because of daycare and Grayson is the complete opposite.  A couple of reasons I know why Grayson won't nap, first we swaddle him for naps and bed time and he cannot be swaddled at daycare, second he sleeps in a dark room for naps and bed time and has white noise playing at all times.  At daycare the room is bright and it is always noisy with babies and music playing.  So if Grayson would nap at daycare I would be a happy mommy because I hate coming home and not getting to spend any time with him.  I love that Grayson has a consist place to go to when needed and his teachers and the kids in his room are the same each and every day, but I would much rather keep Grayson at home with me.  So overall we have eased into going to daycare and hopefully in due time Grayson will adjust... not sure if I will! 
Grayson's 1st day - see the name tag?  Grayson was the only one in class with a name tag so the next day he went to daycare I put a Grayson shirt on him.  Maybe they thought his name was too hard to remember. 
This is how are nights are after Grayson has been at daycare all day.  He is worn out... bless his heart!

A special thanks to all of you who have sent me emails, facebook messages, or tweets checking in on us.  You are all sweet and I appreciate all the love and support. 

Here are a few pictures I took this week of Grayson before daycare
Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved