Sunday, August 30, 2009

Oh How I Heart Date Nights

Life gets away from Chad and I sometimes and we get caught up in it all. We rarely go on date nights anymore, but that was not the case last night. Chad and I spent the afternoon doing some window shopping and we decided to have an Early Date Night. We started with going to a 4:15PM movie. We went to the Ugly Truth staring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler. It was too cute and funny! After the show we went to Bonefish Grill and had some AWESOME food. We both had Bang Bang Tacos, with a House Salad, and a glass of Pinot Noir Red Wine. It was a great way to end our date night. As we were driving home I was remembering all the dates we had in the past and how we use to focus so much on dates and having FUN together. I miss those days. Chad and I talked and we are really going to try to focus on each other and slow down and enjoy our lives together with more dates and more LOVE. This night together was great and a TRUE awake up call for me. Thanks for the Date Night Chad! I love you!

Here is the trailer to The Ugly Truth

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I love date nights too! My fiance and I saw the Ugly Truth and we loved it! Too cute! I found you over on Kelly's Korner!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
Wow, what you said is amazing. When my ex husband and I were going through infertility I know we let that get away from us. That part of your marriage is so important to continue to focus on all of the time but even more so when you are going through something so emotionally turbulent. When we divorced I remember thinking to myself that I wish we would have taken the time to slow down and enjoy one another all of those years. Of course, our situation was much different then you and Chad. We were very very young when we married and I did not want my marriage to end. However, even now that I am married with children its something we have to work on from time to time. Life has a way of becoming crazy and you as a couple can get off course. Every married couple needs to remember the love that is there and focus on each other. I am so glad you and Chad discovered this together and are doing it! May God continue to bless the two of you!

Mel

Rachel H. said...

Sounds like a great night! Grant and I need to do this kind of thing more often, for sure!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

We have been married 36 years and in this day and time people will sometimes ask...How to you get to 36....my answer is always...date nights...really I like all day dates, short get aways often and good vacations....plus the fact that we both love football.....and family....now we get to do the grandparent thing together and it does not get any better than that....so keep having those date nights...

Riley said...

I LOVED the "date night" post. They are so very important for marriages. Whether it's something low key and simple or more grand -t hey are great fun and beneficial! I actually blogged about a date night of our's recently http://theusseryupdate.blogspot.com/2009/07/date-night.html

This weekend we went to eat dinner and walked around a few stores, picked up a gift for a friend and went out for dessert and then came home to watch some TV together.

Keep having those date nights any chance you get - they are awesome! Have a blessed week...

Katie Spinks said...

so true Melissa, the first year of marriage my husband went every Friday for our date night and noone or nothing go in the way of that now I couldnt tell you the last time we had a date night... its so true that life gets busy and stuff just gets in the way but its so important that we step back, slow down and take time for the two of us... thanks for the reminder and glad you had a great date night! hope your having a good start to your week.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved