Friday, September 20, 2013

a day in the life Working Mommy Post - Meet Morgan

HAPPY FRIDAY~
I am so happy it is Friday!  It has been a long week of travel and time away from the boys!  I am ready for 2 FULL days of playing and snuggling with my babies! 

Meet Morgan!  Thanks Morgan for sharing your day with us!  Go show her some love she just started blogging! 

Hi! I'm Morgan.  I just recently started blogging at A Day with the Preston's. I'm wife of 8 years to Clay and mom to Brooklyn (4) and Cutter (2).  I have worked full time at a small school district since before my daughter was born.  I work in the finance office, which means that I work all year long.  I am lucky enough to be off on all school holidays and on fridays during the summer.  I have also recently became a rep for KellysKids clothing and am loving that too.  www.kellyskids.com/morganpreston



Our basic day:

5:45 am: I am up and in the shower so that I can be completely ready before the kids gets up.  If I am lucky, I can manage to get a pot of coffee made but that's about it.

6:45-7:00 am: I am starting to get the kids up and dressed for the day. Teeth brushed, dressed, and hair combed is about all we have time for.

7:15-7:25 am: We are out the door and headed to the babysitter's house.  We are so fortunate to have an amazing lady that keeps the kids in her home.  She lives about 4 miles straight down the road from us.  The commute is amazing. She really is amazing and the kids absolutely love her.

7:30: I drop the kids off and head to the school.  Thankfully that is only another 3-4 miles away.  We live in a very small rural community so it doesn't take long to get anywhere.

3:30-4:00: Depending on the day I am off work around this time and headed to get the kids.  I love that I get to leave work so early and spend some of the afternoon with the kids everyday.

Brooklyn has dance class on Tuesdays in a town about 8 miles away and Wednesdays we have church.  Otherwise we are usually home in the evenings.  Since we live out in the country 8 miles from town, I cook the majority of the time.  We don't have a set time for supper.  It varies anywhere from 6:00 - 6:45 pm.  About 7:00 pm our routine kicks in again.  We do baths, play for a little bit, maybe a movie or cartoon, and then it is bedtime by 8:30 pm.  My kids are amazing at a lot of things, but we were not blessed with good sleepers. One or both kids typically end up in bed with us during the night so Clay and I try to be in bed between 9:30-10:00 pm so that we can get a few good hours of sleep before our visitors arrive.

Quality Time:

Getting in alone time with each person in the family can be tricky at times.  We are so lucky and blessed to live close to both our parents.  That usually means the kids have somewhere to go play or spend the night when Clay and I need a night out.  Sometimes we just enjoy having an hour or two to relax at home while the kids go to the park or out to supper with the grandparents.  Brooklyn is getting to the age that she sometimes asks to go hang out with both grandparents so that is fun for everyone involved. :)


I usually get my time with Brooklyn on Tuesdays.  Cutter typically stays with Clay while I take Brooklyn in to town to dance.  She is absolutely in love with dance so it is so fun to watch her learn and dance.  She is so funny right now and I love hearing her stories on the way to and from since we have about 30 minutes in the car.  She has also discovered the world of cheerleading.  She thinks it is fun to go to the football games at the school I work at.  I have taken her to a couple of those so that she can watch the high school girls cheer.  
Getting time alone with my little guy is a little tougher.  He is all boy and constantly on the move so it is incredibly difficult and exhausting to try to keep up with him.  We usually get to play on Wednesdays while Brooklyn is at church.  Our church is very small and we don't really have anywhere for 2 years old to be on Wednesday nights.  So, that is mom/dad/Cutter time.  I try to do lots of boy things with Cutter.  We go outside a lot, ride the four wheeler, play with toy tractors.  Basically, all of Cutter's favorite things.  We tried a football game with Cutter but he had a little too much fun and just wanted to dig in the dirt under the bleachers.  It wasn't easy to try and keep up with him and I really couldn't tell you a single thing that happened that game. haha

Flying kites one afternoon


Clay and the kids building a rocket. 

There is nothing fancy about our life and I feel like we are always busy, but I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything in the world.  We love the country, being so close to family, and each other.  I know these days are passing too quickly so we are just trying to enjoy each day.  

Follow me and our every day adventures at www.daywiththeprestons.blogspot.com, on instagram @morganpreston, or check out my KellysKids site at www.kellyskids.com/morganpreston.

~Morgan

Trust in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved