Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Closing the Chapter

As part of our IVF journey we received our first picture of our two embryos that they transferred on April 19th, 2009. I know that the cycle did not work out, but I want this picture as a memory in our blog to share our story with our kids some day. And yes I just got around to scanning the picture in my computer.

This will be my final comment about our failed IVF cycle as I am closing this chapter and moving forward into the summer with positive and happy thoughts of the future. It will be tough, but I know that this is the best thing for me and GOD has plans for us! We just don't know the plans yet. What I do know is that I am a wonderful person and wonderful people deserve wonderful things in life. I do have wonderful things in my life, I have my wonderful husband who has been our rock through the ups and downs, I have my loving and caring dog Bella who is always happy and excited to see me and be with me every day. I love you both so much!

I have my loving and caring sister Amie and her adorable family Brian, Aidan, and Drew.

I have my positive and outgoing sister Meahgen who makes me smile. (BTW... thanks for the beautiful flowers)

I have my amazing and strong sister Jessyca and soon to be niece Marley that love unconditionally.
I have my caring and loving mom, Shelly, who will do anything for me to achieve my dreams.
I love all my family and friends for there unconditional support. I have my friends that I lean on for support here locally, but I also have an amazing friend Katie Cummings who has given me more support than she will ever know. Finally to all my blogging friends I would have not gotten through the sad days without your thoughtful comments and support. Everyone seems to have a story and I am just glad that thru your stories I am able to find support and love in one place. Love to All!

So whats next since I am not talking about infertility and IVF for awhile. I need to find interesting topics and stories so that all my blogging friends keep stopping by. Any ideas?

13 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Maybe we'll be IVF buddies this summer???? That is, unless we both get pregnant BEFORE then :)

Aunt Robbie said...

I have been reading your blog after coming over from Kelly's Korner. I am praying for you and your husband. Your comments about being a wonderful person reminded me of a scripture in Psalm 139:14. You are fearfully & wonderfully made and God has great plans for you (Jeremiah 29:11). I hope your summer is blessed and full of all of the great things of the Lord. He will be your refuge and strength, just as He has been so far. I was wondering if you have any hobbies? You could also share some of your favorite recipes with us. Thanks for Sharing your heart. God Bless You!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comment about us, we love you and for ideas about what to write about, you could blog about where you find your clothes at so I don't have to look I can just buy. Just an idea.

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful list of things. Obviously doing the 'Show us where you live Friday" at Kelly's Korner is great because I love seeing peoples houses and getting decorating ideas! and what about telling about books you have read and enjoyed, I'm always looking for new ones to read. xxx

Katie Spinks said...

still praying for you daily!!

MOMSWEB said...

I'm looking forward to the next chapter! Blog whatever is on your heart. You have visitors because of who YOU are, not what you're going through.

Anonymous said...

Your embryo babies are BEAUTIFUL, Melissa. ((((((((HUGS))))))) Your entire family is so beautiful. God bless you, girl! Sending some squeezes your way and so looking forward to all those summer posts. xoxo

Ashley said...

Melissa I love you! I am so proud of you, and God's timing is unmistakable! You just have a fun summer and wait to see what is in store... I always tell you "Good things come to those who wait"..... XOXO!!!

Jessyca said...

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile,
a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment,
or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Thank you for the kind words! It makes a world of difference to my day...

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Still praying for you......

Veronica said...

Hi Melissa! I hope you are having a good day. I know it's been a while since I've commented, but just know...I'm still reading and still praying.

Thanks so much for being so open and sharing your journey. I pray that you'll continue to feel strengthened as the days go by.

As far as what you should write about, maybe you can share a little more about how you and your hubby met, or even how you came to live in AK. Maybe even a little list of say fun things about you that we haven't read about you yet.

Well, I hope you have a great weekend getting to see your sis and family. I hope you have a great trip!

Love,
Veronica

Veronica said...

Sorry, on that last comment, I meant to put, AR, not AK!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved