Monday, January 25, 2010

1st ER Vist and Ambulance Ride for Grayson

My Sunday started off normal getting up and eating a bowl of honey nut cheerios.  I got ready for church and felt great.  Then while at church everything changed.  For the first half of service I was feeling great in fact a church friend of mine asked me how I was doing and I told her I was doing great.  About half way through the service I closed my bible and looked at Chad and told him I was not feeling well.  That is the last thing I remember before the people around me where trying to wake me up.  Yes I fainted in front of the entire church not once, but twice.  It was embarrassing.  I was blessed to have a doctor and a nurse at church help me in the hallway until the Ambulance arrived.  I kept telling everyone around me that it was not neccessary and I just need to go home and rest.  I was extremely tired.  I ended up taking an ambulance ride to the hospital to get checked out.  It was my first time and hopefully last time in an ambulance.  I thought I was fine, but I was more concerned because of Grayson.  I wanted to make sure he was okay.  Plus all the people assisting thought it was weird I fainted while sitting.  So once we got checked in and all the normal wires hooked up to me to check my blood pressure, sugar levels, temperature, and oxygen levels all came back normal.  So they proceeded to do blood work to check my electrolytes, test to see if I was anemic, and did an EKG test.  While we waited for the test results I was given fluid through an IV and our friend Kim went and got both of us lunch.  I was hungry and they were not about to let a pregnant girl starve.  They also checked on Grayson and his heartbeat was 144 and he was kicking and moving around so that was great news.  That was the best part of the day hearing Grayson's heartbeat.  What a relief.  About an hour later all tests came back and everything looked great.  The doctor is not sure why it happened and just told me to drink more fluids and rest.  After spending three hours in the ER I spent the rest of the day resting.  Today I am home resting and taking it easy.  I am still not feeling great.  I feel very light headed and I am still tired after sleeping over 12 hours.  I have a planned doctor's appt with Dr. Heather next week and if needed I will have a follow up appointment this week.  All in all yesterday started out great, but it took a turn and at the end of the day both Chad and I are humbled.  It could have been a lot worse for both Grayson and I, but we were blessed with lots of prayers from our church family, the Jolliff Family, our friends, and our family.  It was embarrassing to faint at church, but it was also a blessing to see God in control.  Thank you to all for your prayers and concerns.  Plus all the emails, calls, text, and facebook messages.  Chad was a bit overwhelmed, but we know that so many people care about us and our little peanut Grayson. 

I will have my week 23 post up on Wednesday. 
Have a Happy Monday!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs

unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved