Sunday, May 9, 2010

1st Mommy's Day

My 1st Mother's Day has been wonderful! 
I slept in until 7:30AM which is better than 4:30AM.  Yesterday I was up at 4:30AM and didn't go to bed until 11PM let's just say it was a long day for me.  I woke up to several gifts from my loving husband Chad, my growing baby boy Grayson that is still in my belly, and Bella too!  Chad always spoils me and I loved each gift.  They only other gift that would be amazing to receive today is holding Grayson in my arms, but I know that in a few days that this will happen and I cannot wait.  One special gift that I love and have wanted for sometime is a necklace from Lisa Leonard Designs.  It is perfect in every way! 

It is a perfect gift for any mom!  In fact my sister and I got my mom one for Mother's Day with all her grandchildren's name on it and she LOVED IT!  Plus she can continue to add to it!  Which I love too!
At Church - Mother's Day May 9th 2010
Before church Chad took me to Copelands to have brunch and it was yummy!  We have always wanted to try brunch at Copelands and it was great!  I love the atmosphere and the food is always great!  It was great to spend time together talking about the past, the present, and the future.  I remember last Mother's Day we stayed home.  We had just wrapped up our first failed IVF cycle and facing other mommy's on that day was just too tough.  Now to the present a year later I am pregnant and within days I will be holding the BEST gift my little baby G.  It has been wonderful to receive all the facebook and twitter messages saying Happy Mother's Day or Happy 1st Mother's Day each message is so special and at the same time so surreal as I would have never thought a year later I would be a mommy.  Now on to the future next Mother's Day I will have a almost one year old that will keep me on my toes and very busy.  I couldn't ask for much more! 

I hope all the couples that are longing for a baby have hope and faith that it will happen in God's timing!  Give all your pain on this day to God and let me hold your hand on this journey you are currently on and don't give up on hope and faith.  You are in my prayers today and always!
Love Melissa

Final thought:
My friend Miranda from Letters from M wrote a article for New Parent and it is beautifully written and a great read for all first time mommies.  Miranda writes some beautiful posts and I love reading her blog each day.  Here is a link to the article:
When Being A Mom Is Enough
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved