Friday, September 25, 2009

Yummy Desserts on Show Us Your Life @ Kelly's Korner

First it is a beautiful Fall day in NWA.  I am sitting out in our back yard enjoying the afternoon.  Bella is searching for new treasures and I am thinking about desserts.  It is after all Friday and Show Us Your Life Favorite Dessert Recipes.  I love all Desserts with Chocolate you can't go wrong with Chocolate.  I personally would rather eat dessert before any meal that is how much I love desserts and especially Chocolate.  One of my favorite things to do is Bake and for the most part I usually make things with Chocolate.  My top favorite desserts are:
Brownies with Frosting
Cookie Dough
Yellow Cake with no icing 
Red Velvet Cake 
Sugar Cookie with icing from Rick's Bakery
and so much more I am sure I just can't think of anymore!  
I recently have made these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes for a cook out we went to a few weeks ago and they are AMAZING.  

Ingredients
1/12 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips


1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup canola oil
3 eggs


Directions 
1.  Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside.  Beat the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer in a lager bowl until smooth.  Add 1 egg and the vanilla extract and beat until smooth.  Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated.  Fold in the chocolate chips; mixing just enough to evenly combine.  Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls; place onto a baking sheet, and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.  
2.  Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.  
3.  Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer to break up.  Add the cake mix, water, and canola oil; continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed.  Spoon into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 full.  Place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake.  
4.  Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion of the cupcake comes clean, about 20 minutes.  Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.  
Footnote - this recipe contains raw eggs. 
Frost and Enjoy! 
I look forward to going through all the desserts on Show Us Your Life.  So don't forget to stop by Kelly's Korner.  Happy Friday!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I made these a couple of weeks ago for our small group! They were GONE! I didnt even get to try one. Gave me an excuse to make more :P

Jennifer said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to make these! thanks

Karen At Home Blog said...

Wow, the cookie dough one looks heavenly!!!!

Karen

Jess :) said...

Um....YUM! That's all I can say right now! I wish I had all of the ingredients on hand and I'd get in my kitchen pronto to make them!! :) Looks like I'll be getting a few items at the grocery store this weekend.

Jess :) said...

Can I just add...that when I had type the letters/word for my comment to go through...do you know what it said?!?!

It said: and I'm NOT kidding...

PScow

Was Mr. Comment system trying to tell me something about me making those cupcakes?!? Well, to that I say, and to quote Stephanie Tanner from Full House, "How Rude!"

I'm going to make them anyway!!! :)

The Guerra's said...

I love making cup-cakes and those look YUMMY! I'm going to have to try them!

Michelle said...

These look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Looks so yummy! I am definitely trying these!!

Shannon

Jennifer said...

Those look soooo yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

I have made these before and they are to DIE for!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved