Friday, February 19, 2010

Show Us Your Ministry - Infertility

This week Kelly @ Kelly's Korner is doing Show Us Your Ministry.  Although I don't have a ministry I do have a story to share with you.  If you have followed my blog for some time you know that my husband and I struggled for 2 years to get pregnant.  It was a tough two years, but we are finally expecting our first miracle in May 2010 and we feel so blessed. 


Chad and I did all fertility treatments possible to get pregnant in 2008-2009 before we decided that enough was enough and we took a break during the summer of 2009.  We decided during the break that we would try to focus on our relationship with one another and with God.  Our relationship grew with God and we left it up to him to show us what to do next.  I still remember those tough months of TTC on our own and then "Aunt Flo" would show up.  It was frustrating, but I continued to pray to God to heal me and help me understand all that was going on.  Back in early September 2009 I was at church and I remember going down to the alter to pray and I just broke down in tears, but I felt God with me telling me it would be okay and I just need to believe.  After that day I just gave it all to God and said you can have my worries and troubles I can't handle it anymore.  I was done! 
Then in late September 2009 I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive!  It was amazing!  In fact I had a hard time believing I was pregnant so all week before my doctor's appointment I took a test just to make sure.  Today I am 26 weeks and 4 days pregnant.  It is a miracle and a true blessing from God.  My relationship with God is strong and he is the center of our family.  I know God is holding my hand every day and will take care of me.  It might not be when I would like for things to happen, but God has a plan for me and I just have to sit and be patient.  God and our church family has changed my life over the past year and I feel blessed for everything that I have and look forward to the many more blessings and the trials that come with them. 
Now that I have briefly shared with you my ministry or story I would like to leave all couples with a few things that helped me through infertility.  First as I have mentioned in this post God was a huge support for me.  Second my blog and being open and honest about infertility.  I have received so much positive and encouraging words on my blog that on those low days I didn't feel alone...I had all of you.  Lastly reaching out to other infertility couples that could understand the feelings and struggles was so helpful as they knew what I was feeling without saying a word.  So if you would like to share your story with me and need encouragement just leave me a comment or email me and I would love to be there for you as so many people were for me. 
Please have faith and believe that it will happen to you!

Don't forget to stop by Kelly's Korner!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved