Tuesday, February 21, 2012

a shower of LOVE for Crew

a shower of LOVE for Crew!
This past Saturday my friend Kim and Kendall put together a simple and adorable baby shower for Crew and I...


Here is the adorable invitation that Sarah made for this special event!  She also made me thank you cards and I believe she will have her ETSY shop opening soon.  Make sure to check out her blog for details for the next several days.

 
Since I have gestational diabetes and a lot of foods are off limits the girls did a great job of having foods that I could eat.  We had blueberry nutrigrain bars my favorite, cheese and crackers, a pasta salad {I didn't eat it}, meatballs in BBQ sauce, little peanut butter sandwiches {I had a small one}, and a veggie tray.  They also had a local bakery make a sugar free cake and chocolate petit fours that were not sugar free for all that didn't want sugar free cake.  I was actually VERY surprised that the sugar free cake was good.  I didn't eat an entire piece just a few bits because I wasn't sure how I would do with my sugar levels.  I actually did very well. 

Here are the decor pictures I took...it was simple and adorable just like Crew's nursery!



I loved the little note tied to the animal crackers...

 the big brother stopped by for a visit

 

grayson opening his gift  


After unloading all the gifts in Crew's nursery... 
he is one LOVED boy!

I am not one to play baby shower games, but we did play one game that was a baby trivia game.
Most of the questions I guessed because I had no idea...
some of them were VERY interesting...
Here is just a few that amazed me:
~ How old was the oldest woman on record to get pregnant?
a. 78 years
b. 54 years
c. 66 years
66 YEARS is the correct ANSWER
~ How heavy was the heaviest baby ever born?
a. 15 pounds 5 ounces
b. 30 pounds
c. 21 pounds 4 ounces
d. 23 pounds 12 ounces
e. 17 pounds 2 ounces
f. 26 pounds 1 ounce
D is the correct answer CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!
~ Babies are born without which body part?
a. kneecaps
b. elbows
c. tailbone
d. shoulder blades
A is the correct answer... I had no idea!
~ What is the greatest amount of children born to one woman?
a. 20
b. 42
c. 69
C is the correct answer... oh MY!

the game had 20 questions... it was interesting and I learned a lot about baby trivia that day!

 Thanks friends for making this day special for our family!
We love you ALL!!!

8 comments:

Life Happens said...

What a fun shower for baby Crew!!

Nicole @ Nicole Clark blog said...

Looks like Crew is set! What fun

Stephanie said...

Adorable Melissa, what a blessing to have so many friends surrounding you!

CaseyLew said...

So gla your friends thought of you and being able to eat! I don't even think I enjoyed the food part of any of the 3 showers I had because I couldn't eat anything.

Kelly said...

What a cute shower!!
And 69 children by one woman! OMG!!

Kati @ along for the ryde... said...

SNEAK peak of Crew's nursery...I can't wait to see the rest! =)

Angie said...

What a cute shower they threw for you & baby Crew! So sweet that they took your diet into consideration too. Sounds like you have some wonderful friends. I am NOT a fan of games either but that one sounds too cute. I might have to steal that idea for my upcoming shower!!!

Jessica said...

So cute!! Cant wait to see what Crew's nursery is going to look like! You did such an amazing job on Grayson's.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved