Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Baking

This evening I am spending time baking treats for Chad's coworkers and I just love Christmas Baking.  Don't you?  I am making homemade chocolate fudge and the best ever sugar cookies.  I am really looking forward to going to my sister Amie's house for the holidays we are already planning on making a Gingerbread House with Aidan and maybe we will make cookies too!  So if you are interested in my recipes I am going to list them below and if you have any easy recipes or best practices for making Gingerbread House that you would like to share please do. 
Happy Christmas Baking! 

Chocolate Fudge Recipe
3 Cups of Sugar
3/4 cup of Margarine
2/3 cups evaporated milk
1 - 12 oz package of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 - 7 oz jar Kraft Marshmellow Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine sugar, margarine, and milk in heavy 2 1/2 quart saucepan; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Continue to boil for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring.  Remove from heat, stir in chocolate until melted.  Add marshmellow cream and vanilla beat until blended.  Pour into greased 13X9 inch baking pan.  Let cool and cut into 1 inch squares.
Best Ever Sugar Cookies
1 cup sugar
1 cup powered sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp of cream of tarter
1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of powdered sugar combined

Cream sugars, butter, and oil.  Add eggs and mix.  Add dry ingredients, lemon juice, and vanilla.  Mix well!  Form dough into balls and roll in sugar mixture.  Flatten the cookie with a fork.  Bake @ 350 degrees for 10 minutes. 

ENJOY THE SWEET TREATS!

8 comments:

In With the Light said...

sounds SO yummy! if i get the motivation to stand up that long I will try these out!

Lemonade Girl said...

Making me very hungry right now! Sounds so yumm-o! Happy baking to you!

Kelly said...

YUMMMMMMM YUMMMMMMMMMMM

Lianna Knight said...

Love the sugar cookies...so cute!

jules said...

That fudge sounds pretty easy to make. I might have to try that one.

Your cookies are decorated so nice!

Shermanators said...

That is my EXACT funge recipe! Just made some this week myself...isn't i the best? I ALWAYS get asked for the recipe! :) Merry Christmas! Are you feeling the baby kick yet? Mine's starting to wake me up in the middle of the night now! :)

Suzanne said...

These cookies look great. Thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to give them a try. Yummy!

Dana said...

Made your fudge recipe today. YUUMMMMM. Thanks for sharing. Now I am off to make the sugar cookies. :o)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved