Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Week 19

Today I am 19 Weeks and 1 day!  Sorry for not posting yesterday.  I usually take a pregnancy photo on Sunday night, but we were busy unpacking from our Christmas vacation and getting ready for the work week.  Than last night I was not looking to great to take a photo and we also took down all of our Christmas decorations. 
Next week is the BIG appointment...we find out the SEX!  I have completed all the Old Wives Tales and most of them say that we are having a Girl.  We will see!  After spending the Christmas Holiday with my sister and her boys I am so excited to know what we are having and I can't wait until May 2010.  I loved playing, snuggling, kissing, and loving on Drew and Aidan.  Amie is my twin sister (in case you didn't know) and her baby Drew (who is 7 months old) thought I was his mommy and I loved seeing his face light up every time I entered the room where he was at.  It was priceless!  It will be interesting to see how my baby reacts to Amie.  Being a twin is great and so special I would not change it for anything! 

This week Baby Stafford is the size of a mango!
I did have boots on today so please ignore my house shoes!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:  19 weeks and 1 day
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Not sure, but my belly sure has grown over the past week
Maternity Clothes:  None Yet
Sleep:  I love sleep! 
Best Moment this week:  When our friends daughter Kendall puts her ear to my belly to see if she can hear the baby... so cute!  I also really enjoyed being with my family for the Christmas Holiday!
Gender:  One more week and we will know...Yeah!
Movement:  None I am starting to get concerned as I thought that I would feel the baby by now, but nothing.  Is this normal?
Food Craving:  Honey Nut Cheerios and Dark Chocolate
What I miss:  I still miss Chocolate Milk
What I am looking forward to:  Next week when we find out what we are having, so exciting!
Weekly Wisdom:  Read Baby Wise before the baby gets here 
Symptoms:  Lower back pains and right hip hurts

16 comments:

creative gal said...

so cute! Can't wait to find out what you are having!

Kim said...

Melissa, you look great! I can't wait to read your blog to find out your baby's gender! So exciting. A website I have been on said first time Mom's may not feel the baby move until about 20 weeks....don't know how accurate it is but just a thought, the website is justmommies.com. I am anxious to see your gender reveal....I need some good ideas for that! Hope you had a great Holiday! Happy New Year!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Love the picture and the special memories you have with my boys!!!! They sure admire you a lot!!!! Aidan is already asking when you are coming back to visit. Love you and take care of yourself.

In With the Light said...

Totally normal to not feel movement yet. I felt a flutter at the end of 19 weeks and then a few more over the next few weeks. It was not until week 22 that I truly felt him wiggle and those movements did not become stronger until 25 or 26 weeks.

Amber said...

Glad to see you are doing well! As far as the movement goes, don't worry. I didn't realize what I was feeling was our little one until we had our ultrasound and I could see him wiggle and move on the screen and then I knew exactly what the movement felt like. It's all normal and you will be feeling your little one kick and move all around soon enough :)

Kelly said...

I think I was around week 23 or so before I felt Harper. I was a lot farther along than 20 weeks I know that! So don't worry! You look amazing!!!

Jenna said...

You look great! I felt B on the early side but it wasn't until 22 or 23 weeks that he was really strong enough that Chris could feel him. I think it's totally normal not to feel movement yet!

Veronica said...

Hi Melissa! How cool that you old have a week to go until you find out what you're having! The wait is so hard but it's so fun to guess in the meantime! :)

Lauren said...

You have that "glow". You look wonderful!!!!! :)

Nathan and Megan said...

Melissa: It is totally normal not to "feel" the baby move, yet. I think I was almost 21 weeks along before that happened. I just started praying, "Lord, Is something wrong? I want to feel this baby move TODAY!" I sat very still & felt a slight movement pretty soon afterwards. Then starting noticing it constantly. It is SO EXCITING!

Erin said...

You look awesome!! I am due with our miracle baby in April--so it has been fun to following you only being weeks behind me. I didn't start feeling the baby more until right around 23 weeks. I was feeling like a loser mom, but my doctor said it is hard to really tell the first movements! Enjoy every minute!

Michelle said...

Melissa - you look amazing! Can't wait to find out the sex next week!

Mary said...

don't worry about the movement. you will start feeling it in the coming weeks, with my first pregnancy i didn't feel my son until around 22 weeks..now with this pregnancy i started feeling the baby at 10 weeks. every woman is different, don't be concerned. we find out the sex of our baby next week too! but we had to wait until 23 weeks!

Jess said...

Melissa~
You look great. I felt flutters at 16 weeks. I was so excited. Then, I didn't feel anything again until about 23 or 25 weeks. You might also have an anterior placenta.(meaning in the front vs on the side or back)My friend has that. She just started to feel her baby, and she is 26-27 weeks along. It is so exciting when you do feel that first movement. Yay! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to know what you are having!

Jennifer said...

You look great!!! I can't wait to find out what you are having.

I felt my first flutters at 19 weeks. I felt flutters for a couple of weeks, then I really started to feel movement around week 21. It's hard to tell the first few times but then you will know!

If you read Babywise and have questions, let me know. It is not for everyone, but it worked well for us. Brody started sleeping 12 hours straight through the night at 11 or 12 weeks and has ever since then. Just find what works best for you, Chad and baby!

Candi said...

You look amazing! With my first daughter I did not feel her until week 22. No need to worry, there will be times in the coming weeks/months you will thinking slow down!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs



unique stats

Vistors since January 15th, 2010
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved